Effective Date: November 1, 2010
This website is owned and provided by National Police Training, a division of Lorman Business Center, Inc. ("Lorman"). We can be reached via email [email protected] or by telephone at 1-866-411-6211. Our address is: 2510 Alpine Road, Eau Claire, WI 54703.
Collection and Use of Information
For each visitor to our website, our Web server automatically recognizes and collects the domain name of your internet provider (but not your email address), which does not identify you personally. This information may be used to improve the content and usefulness of our website and for marketing purposes.
We also collect, retain in our database, and use information voluntarily provided by you under the following circumstances:
- If you participate in an online survey, we may collect non-personally identifiable information, which will be used for internal and marketing purposes. We may also collect voluntarily provided personally-identifiable information, which we may use to send you information about our products and services [and may share, sell, or rent to others for marketing purposes].
- If you request services, products, or other information through this website, we will collect Personally Identifiable Information from you, including Contact Information (name, title, company or organization name, address, telephone number, email address, fax number, and any other information that might facilitate contacting you) and Financial Information (credit or debit card number, bank account number, and any other information that might facilitate collecting payment from you), which will be used to fulfill requests for such services or products.
- If you register to submit or post messages in any forum sponsored by National Police Training through this website, such as a message board or chat room, we will collect and use your Contact Information for the purposes of maintaining your account in our system. Additionally, when posting messages on message boards or chat rooms, we will post your name (not an alias) with your message.
- If you register for a seminar or order other products or services through our website, we will collect Contact Information and may collect Financial Information from you, to facilitate the registration process. We may provide your Contact Information, but not your Financial Information, to the speakers who are presenting at the seminar(s) you registered to attend, for administrative purposes and to allow them to market their own products and services to you. To obtain the names of speakers with whom we shared your contact information, please submit this request in writing. We may also provide your Contact Information and Financial Information to third parties who perform marketing, administrative, or other functions for National Police Training or provide us with additional information about your company. Our contracts with such third parties specify that they are not to use your Contact Information and Financial Information for any other purpose.
- If you correspond with National Police Training via email, we collect your email address and the content of the email, which will be used to address issues raised by you or to respond appropriately.
In addition to the uses noted above, National Police Training may use your Contact Information to market our products and services to you, and may share, sell or rent your Contact Information to others for their marketing purposes. We may also combine Personally Identifiable Information obtained through this website with Personally Identifiable Information from other sources in order to market more effectively. Please notify us in writing if you do not wish to be marketed to by National Police Training, Speakers, or third parties. If you would like to opt out from our email advertisements please visit http://www.nationalpolicetraining.com/contact/subscription.php, enter your email address and tailor your email subscriptions.
Affiliate Information: From time to time, National Police Training may obtain from or share with its affiliates the Contact Information of individuals who may be interested in industry information or services that we each provide.
National Police Training may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information in response to legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, and any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide may be transferred in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or other corporate transaction involving National Police Training or its assets.
Changes and Modifications
Security of National Police Training's website
National Police Training cares about the safety and security of your transaction(s) at our website. We redirect visitors to a more secure server to transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, such as credit card information, and take precautions against physical and electronic intrusion to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from visitors to our website or from correspondence or other documents. National Police Training cannot, however, guarantee the security of information collected through this website or stored in its data systems, the accuracy of the information posted on or accessed through this website, or that the site is error- and virus-free.
Updating Your Information
Upon written request, we will provide you with the Contact Information and Financial Information that we have collected and maintained about you. You can obtain, review and/or update this information by writing to us at the email or postal address at the top of this page.
This website may contain links to other sites. National Police Training has no control over the information and privacy policies and practices of those websites, and is not responsible for their content, collection and use of information, or freedom from error or viruses. It is your responsibility to recognize, by paying attention to your browser’s address bar, when you are leaving National Police Training’s site.
National Police Training is not responsible for any collection or use of information that an outside ad server may have collected from you.