What you Need to Know About Tennessee Public Records and Open Meetings
|OnDemand Webinar||$99||Add to Cart|
Understand the Tennessee open meetings and public records laws and how they apply to you.The Tennessee public records law grants citizens access to governmental documents and helps ensure transparency in governmental affairs. Many practitioners, however, find the actual mechanics of the records requests to be a maze of complicated, confusing, and seemingly contradictory statutes and terminology. You will get an inside track on the current state of the development of public records law in Tennessee, the potential pitfalls for both requestors and custodians, and the hot new topics in this rapidly developing area of the law.
AuthorsRobert Allen Dalton, Robert Allen Dalton, Attorney at Law David L. Hudson Jr., Newseum
Requests: How to Make Them and How to Respond to Them
• The Evolution of "Public Records" and the Right to Access
• The Practical Mechanics of Crafting Requests and Responding to Requests
• Best Practices for Resolving Public Records Disputes
Recent Changes in Tennessee Public Records Law
• Good Faith: Friedmann v. Marshall County
• Presumption of Willfulness: Clarke v. City of Memphis
• Statutory and Regulatory Changes for 2017
Avoiding Common Mistakes in Public Records Law
• The Spirit of Tennessee Law and "Promptly"
• The Moral Hazards of "Not Practicable"
• The Supreme Importance of "Denial"
• The Medium of the Matter … Doesn't
• Inspection Is Not Copying Is Not Inspection
Hot Topics and Pending Cases
|Audio & Reference Manual||More Info|